Launched in 2012, the Mentor Program pairs Junior Council members with patients of the SID clinic. These one-to- one interactions aim to enhance the mentee’s personal growth, as well as inspire him or her to meet future challenges.
In addition to an (8)-month commitment, Mentor requirements are as follows:
- Attend required monthly meetings and an introductory training session
- Attend pre-mentoring meeting with Ruth Williams, Clinic Coordinator, prior to first meeting with mentee
- Attend Fall and Spring mentoring group events
- Contribute a minimum of (1) meeting hour/s with your mentee per month
- In addition, mentors are expected to maintain contact through means of telephone, email, or text message
- Correspond with Mentor & Clinic coordinators on progress and meeting topics after each mentoring session, via email
If you are interested in learning more and/or becoming a patient Mentor, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Junior Council works with the clinic to match mentors with mentees as requests become available. There may be a delay between the application and placement processes accordingly.